Tuesday 21 June 2011

Yo Ho Yo Ho It's a Pirates Life For Me

This little fella has been on the craft table all week, I don't know why but every time I design a card in my head, I can never find any of the elements I need to actually make it. I hunted high and low for a treasure map and a bit like the knight card last week I eventually gave in and made my own. On the upside  making my own meant that I could place everything where I wanted :o) The image is another corker from Claire Keay of Jellypark, I am loving her images at the moment (can you tell lol). I made a backing paper with a faux rope frame and then I decoupaged the box so that I could easily incorporate the little Jolly Roger flag. I made a little aged paper quote using my favourite pirate tune, finally I put gold gems in the corners to represent treasure.
Okay so now he's finished I'm off to link this post to the Glitter Geek 2nd blog challenge and others I've been lucky enough to find. :o)
Mel xx


Entered into:-


http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2011/06/challenge-56-one-for-boys.html

http://craftuscrazy.blogspot.com/

http://mamidoodles.blogspot.com/2011/06/challenge-2827th-card-for-boy-or-man.html

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Mel! Love the images - you just want to reach out and touch it!

    Thanks for joining in again and good luck :).

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.... my.... gosh.... so dang cute! I wanna jump in the box with him and set sail for the seven seas..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww gorgeous Mel. Its so cute. I love pirates.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Glitter Geeks and good luck!
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments, I love getting them. ~*~Happy Crafting~*~
Mel :o)