Tuesday 19 June 2012

A Graduation Card

It's the first phase of Graduations here in the UK with more happening in July so I thought I'd have a go at making a Graduation Card.

Sometimes when I see an image I want to tell a story with it, well in card form at least. Other times I just want to create something pretty around it. This card is a story card it's all about a fabulously clever, girl who has achieved so very much and is now graduating as a result of all her hard work.
This beautiful girl is from Saturated Canary. I coloured her up with promarkers then cut around her, I like to have moving elements where possible within my cards so I created a tassle from embroidery thread for her hat. I then thought it might be nice to make a 3D diploma/degree certificate. I designed a chalkboard background paper and then another paper with some key words for the occasion. I wanted the sentiment to depict a special moment in the ceremony so I had a play around and made a round sentiment with the words "Hats off to you on your Graduation Day". Finally I drew a podium digitally and added some more of the 3D certificates to top it off. 


This time next year I'll be making a similar version of this card for my big sister when she finishes her English Degree, that will be a very proud and happy moment :o).

Happy Crafting.
Mel :o) x

This card is linking up to the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog  for the GDT call. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic and I'm sure will be snapped up by people wishing to send the new graduates a card worthy of "distinction" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments, I love getting them. ~*~Happy Crafting~*~
Mel :o)