Thursday 28 June 2012

A Retirement Card

I was recently asked to make a retirement card for someone who is leaving after 34 years. Wow she's worked for almost as long as I've been on this planet.
Now that deserves a medal, which kind of helped me when I designed the card, so here it is.


I printed out a wonderful grid backing paper I love papers with lines on them it makes placing everything else so much easier ;o) I coloured up a Saturated Canary image, added some lovely scrolls, pearls and gems. I used a co-ordinating paper to create a band along the bottom of the card and placed some ribbon along it. A little hand made flower compliments one end and I made the sentiment which reads "You deserve a medal" "Enjoy your retirement".


7 comments:

  1. Hi Mel gorgeous card the image is coloured beautifully and the layout is fantastic I'm sure they will love it. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Mel, fab colouring too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mel its beautiful hun and she will love it!!
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Perfect retirement card!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fabulous, adorable card Mel, love that sweet image.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous retirement card - love of your choice of image! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments, I love getting them. ~*~Happy Crafting~*~
Mel :o)